Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway Bangor information section: This casino is found in Bangor, Maine. Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway Bangor features 923 gaming machines and 16 table games for you to indulge in. WCD also lists and books casino hotels in Bangor. 46 reviews of Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway Bangor 'So, we came up for a fantasy football draft weekend with some friends and we decided to make a night before of it by hitting the casino and get a room at the hotel. I will tell you that if. /no-deposit-bonus-code-cool-cat-casino/.(207) 974-3500Website
- Mon: 12am-12am
- Tue: 12am-12am
- Wed: 12am-12am
- Thu: 12am-12am
- Fri: 12am-12am
- Sat: 12am-12am
- Sun: 12am-12am
|Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway Bangor|
Location in the Bangor Waterfront District
|Location||Bangor, Maine, United States|
|Address||500 Main St|
|Opening date||November 2005|
|Theme||Cinema of the United States|
|No. of rooms||152|
|Notable restaurants||Epic Buffet, Take 2|
|Owner||Gaming and Leisure Properties|
|Operating license holder||Penn National Gaming|
|Architect||WBRC Architects and Engineers|
|Previous names||Hollywood Slots|
|Renovated in||Moved facilities in 2007|
|Coordinates||44°47′17″N68°46′37″W / 44.78806°N 68.77694°WCoordinates: 44°47′17″N68°46′37″W / 44.78806°N 68.77694°W|
Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway Bangor (previously Hollywood Slots and Bangor Raceway) is a casino and harness racing track in Bangor, Maine. It is owned by Gaming and Leisure Properties and operated by Penn National Gaming. It was the first licensed slots facility in the state, and became the first casino to be licensed in the state of Maine when it added table games to its facilities in 2012. The only other licensed casino in the state is Oxford Casino in Oxford, Maine. As of 2013, the casino had 16 tables and 923 slot machines. The hotel has 152 rooms, including four suites. In addition, it houses the half-mile long 'Epic Buffet'.
Taxes on the casino's revenue contributed approximately $12 million to the City of Bangor's construction of the Cross Insurance Center, located across the street from the Casino. Eastern Maine Community College now offers classes to students on how to deal for various casino card games, which are partially sponsored by the casino.
The property became a racino when Penn National Gaming won the state of Maine's slots bid and purchased the Bangor harness racing track from investor Fred Nichols as well as a nearby local restaurant, and converted them into a temporary facility housing 475 slot machines as well as off-track betting, while construction began on a larger facility across the street on the Penobscot River. In 2007, the casino moved into the new facility and expanded to house 1,000 slot machines. In 2012, Penn National won a tables games bid through the state and began to add traditional casino table games to its collection of slots.
- ^'Hollywood Casino - WBRC Architects and Engineers - Portland, Bangor, Florida'. Wbrcae.com. Retrieved 2013-12-09.
- ^John Clarke Russ (2012-03-01). 'Hollywood Slots officially changes name to Hollywood Casino'. Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- ^ ab'HOLLYWOOD SLOTS: AT A GLANCE'. Bangor Daily News. 2008-06-28. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- ^ abcThe Associated Press (2012-02-21). 'Hollywood Slots to get Maine's 1st casino license'. Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- ^ abNick McCrea (2013-03-15). 'One year later, table games at Hollywood Casino bring in nearly $7.6 million'. Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- ^Ravana, Anne. 'Hollywood Slots Touts Contribution to City'. March 23, 2007. Bangor Daily news. Retrieved 2013-12-09.
- ^Nick McCrea (2013-07-13). 'After five years in permanent home, city says Hollywood Casino boosted Bangor growth'. Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- ^Robert Temple (9 April 2010). The History of Harness Racing in New England. Xlibris Corporation. p. 51. ISBN978-1-4500-5472-0.[self-published source]